Looking for a healthy yet delicious appetizer?
You have definitely found it.
Hummus is a Mediterranean and Middle East staple that is characterized by it’s distinctive ingredients: chickpeas and tahini. You can find chickpeas in the canned bean section of your local grocer. Tahini is a sesame paste that gives hummus its unique flavor.
Lemon Garlic Hummus is not only a crowd pleaser but it’s full of healthy ingredients and is gluten free.
This recipe is delicious on it’s own, but you can take it to the next level with the addition of roasted red peppers or an olive tapenade.
I also love to make Mediterranean wraps by spreading the hummus on a tortilla with some fresh cucumber slices.
Serve it with pita chips, crackers, or veggies. The options are endless.
Lemon Garlic Hummus
- food processor
- 16 oz can chickpeas (drained but reserve 1/4 cup chickpea liquid)
- 1/4 cup chickpea liquid
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy, approximately 3 minutes.