These easy lemon berry muffins with lemon drizzle are bursting with lemon and berry flavor and perfect for breakfast or even dessert.
A few weeks ago a couple of my good friends came over for a mid-morning brainstorming session.
Two things are a MUST when it comes to hosting in my home:
- A yummy treat.
The coffee was taken care of, but I needed to come up with my “#2”.
In general, I am a planner, but sometimes things just sneak up on me and I’m left scrambling. It seems like the older my kids get, the more scrambling that occurs!!!
A quick check of the ingredients I had on hand revealed some truly amazing berries that I had found on sale for $1!!! I had grabbed A LOT because I knew I would use them and what I didn’t use, I could freeze.
I also had some fresh lemons and all of the basic baking staples.
So a Lemon Berry Muffin it is.
I love muffins.
It’s basically like having cake for breakfast.
Except it’s a muffin so it’s acceptable.
These muffins would be perfect as they weren’t too sweet and went well with the coffee. What doesn’t go with coffee though, right?!?!
How to make lemon berry muffins
Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer. Add eggs, zest, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt. Mix well. Then add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until just combined.
Now for the berries. Don’t these look amazing??? I love a good berry.
Gently fold the berries into the batter.
Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners and add the muffin batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 19-21 minutes or until the middle is just set and the top is starting to turn a golden brown.
Lemon Drizzle for muffins
For the lemon drizzle, combine the powdered sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir well.
Drizzle it all over the warm muffins just prior to serving.
Looking for more muffin recipes? Check out these Cinnamon Streusel Caramel Muffins
Lemon Berry Muffins With Lemon Drizzle
- muffin tins
- cupcake liners
Lemon Berry Muffins
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the muffins:
- Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer.
- Add eggs, zest, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt.
- Mix well.
- Then add the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold the berries into the batter.
- Line 12 muffin tins with liners and add the muffin batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 19-21 minutes or until the middle is just set and the top is starting to turn a golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Drizzle it all over the warm muffins just prior to serving.