These fudgy homemade oreo cheesecake brownies are filled with an oreo cookie filling and then topped with a cheesecake swirl.
These brownies combine some of my favorite desserts into one heavenly dessert.
I took these to a super bowl party along with these Chiefs Sugar Cookies and needless to say, I will be making them again soon.
There are a couple steps involved in making these, but it comes together surprisingly fast. Just make sure to allow enough baking time as these are thick and will take at least 50 minutes to bake.
“Better than Boxed” brownie mix
I have a confession to make. I love boxed brownie mixes. They are my absolute favorite. As much as I tried, I just couldn’t make a homemade brownie that I liked better than the boxed mix…until now. These brownies are everything a good brownie should be:
- perfectly sweet
How to make oreo cheesecake brownies
Start by making the brownie base. Just cream the butter and sugars, add the egg and vanilla, then all of your dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (don’t over mix!). Then spread ⅔ of the batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with Oreos and give them a little push down into the batter.
Make the cheesecake swirl
Then mix up your cheesecake batter and spread over the top. Remember when using cream cheese to make sure that your cream cheese is VERY soft or you will wind up with lumpy cheesecake. Not good.
Take the leftover brownie batter and spoon over the top.
Swirl it all around with a knife.
Bake at 350 for around 50 minutes. Don’t over bake as these are best on the gooey side so you get that perfect “fudgy” brownie!
Looking for more Cheesecake Bar recipes? Check out these White Chocolate Cheesecake Blondies
Oreo Stuffed Cheesecake Brownies
- 24 Oreos
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Make the brownie batter:
- Add softened butter and sugar to large bowl.
- Beat with a handheld mixer until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a SEPARATE medium bowl, add both flours, salt, and cocoa.
- Stir until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Set aside.
Make the cheesecake:
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
Assemble the brownies:
- Spread ⅔ of brownie batter in a well greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Place oreos in even rows on top of the brownie batter (the oreos will be touching). You should be able to fit all 24 oreos.
- Dollop the cheesecake batter randomly on top of the oreos.
- Dollop the rest of the brownie batter in all of the leftover nooks and crannies.
- Run a knife through the batter in a random pattern to swirl the cheesecake and brownies batter together.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until the middle is just.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes