This easy and delicious slow cooker Guinness corned beef and cabbage is slow cooked in a Guinness beef broth and then topped with a duo of sauces.
It’s hard to believe that March is already here!
The kids are officially on Spring break, but the weather doesn’t seem to know that Spring is just around the corner.
It’s a chilly, rainy day here in Missouri, but I really don’t mind, as it’s the perfect weather for a hearty and comforting meal.
St Patrick’s Day Guinness Corned Beef
This recipe brings back memories of my childhood as my mom would make corned beef every year around St. Patrick’s Day. I continued the tradition and it wouldn’t be St. Patrick’s Day without it.
I’ve been making this corned beef recipe that I adapted from Fine Cooking for years. It is the best corned beef you will ever taste and the sauces are not only amazing, but are the perfect compliment to the corned beef and veggies. I like to drown everything in the sauce and mix it all together!
Homemade Dill Pickle Horseradish Cream Sauce
The horseradish cream sauce has a unique ingredient added to it…dill pickles. The dill pickles adds the perfect amount of tang, flavor, and texture to the creamy horseradish sauce. It also helps to tone down the spicy horseradish cream.
Guinness Mustard Sauce
Stone ground mustard and Dijon mustard is combined with a Guinness broth and brown sugar for a flavorful sweet sauce. It is the perfect compliment to the dill pickle horseradish sauce.
If you’re not a fan of horseradish or mustard sauce then try out the Missouri Girl Everything Sauce. It literally goes with everything and is so yummy!
Easy slow cooker corned beef and cabbage
The best part about this recipe is how simple it is to prepare. You can make the horseradish sauce the night before, put the corned beef and veggies in the crockpot before work, and then quickly make the mustard sauce just prior to serving. It is so easy and yet sooooo good.
Irish Corned Beef In A Guinness Broth With Dill Horseradish Cream and Stone Ground Mustard Guinness Sauce
- Slow cooker
Corned Beef With Guinness Broth:
- 1 whole corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 12 oz (or 11.2 oz) bottle of Guinness or other stout beer
- 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 1b small yellow potatoes
- 1 small head of green cabbage, wedged
Stone Ground Mustard Guinness Sauce:
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cooked juices from the corned beef crock
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Dill Pickle Horseradish Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream light or regular
- 2 tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 dill pickles, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients for the corned beef, including contents of seasoning packet, into a large crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for approximately 10 hours or until the corned beef is tender and falling apart.
- Skim the excess fat off the corned beef if desired.
- Add all ingredients for the mustard sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Horseradish Cream Sauce:
- Place all ingredients for the horseradish cream sauce in a small food processor and pulse until combined and the pickles are finely minced.
- If you do not have a food processor, then just finely chop the dill pickles prior to mixing with the other ingredients.