These easy one bowl blondies will be your new go to recipe in a pinch as they are made with staple ingredients and with minimal mess.
These blondies are the perfect combination of a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie. And guess what? The batter is made entirely with one saucepan. Yay!
What is a blondie?
A blondie a sweet dessert bar that resembles a brownie but it’s, you guessed it, blonde.
Imagine if a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie had a baby.
THAT is what a blondie is.
Missouri Girl Home’s first blondie
I began baking at a fairly early age. Chocolate chip cookies were my favorite thing to make but I remember going through my moms old cookbooks, looking for new things to try.
One day I came across a recipe for a blondie and thought it sounded interesting. It was so good. Sweet, chewy, and absolutely delicious. I was hooked. I spent years tweaking and adjusting recipes until I found the one.
Easy One Bowl Blondies
These easy one bowl blondies are made even easier by making the batter directly in a saucepan before transferring to a baking dish. You heard right, no additional dishes to wash with this recipe. So I guess they should be called Easy One Pot Blondies.
You could easily eat these blondies by themselves, but why not go for the ultimate indulgence and drown them in a Homemade, 4-ingredient Sea Salt Sauce?
Yes, a caramel sauce that has only 4 ingredients AND a super cool, no-fail technique that is as easy as it is genius.
Blondies and caramel are like peanut butter and jelly in my book.
Ready to bake?
Oh and if you’re looking for additional bar dessert recipes, check out this Oatmeal Pie Fudge Bar recipe.
Easy One Bowl Blondes With Homemade 4-Ingredient Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional add ins:
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup 1/2 toffee bits
- 4 ingredient sea salt caramel sauce:click HERE for sea Salt caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter is just melted, stir until the brown sugar and butter are combined and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- If the butter and brown sugar separate then give it a stir before proceeding to the next step.
- When the mixture has cooled, add the eggs and vanilla then stir well. NOTE: If the mixture is not allowed to cool enough then the eggs could cook and thicken before they fully incorporate into the batter.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Add the almonds, and toffee bits.
- Give a quick stir.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the blondie batter.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top is just set and the middle is still a little gooey.
- Set aside to cool at least 10 minutes.
- While the blondie is baking in the oven, make the caramel sauce per directions.