This quick and easy chocolate peanut butter pie is the ultimate stress free dessert.
I needed to come up with an easy recipe that could be whipped up in a hurry for a co-workers birthday. His request? Anything chocolate and peanut butter.
Two of my favorite things as well.
Add a little cream cheese into the mix and you have a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
There were multiple recipe requests after I took it to work.
Why is this the easiest chocolate and peanut butter dessert?
1. A no-bake chocolate peanut butter pie
This dessert requires no baking which makes it the perfect choice for those hot summer days or if you don’t want to mess with turning the oven on.
2. It’s a quick 15 minute chocolate peanut butter dessert
No-bake desserts generally come together quickly but can take some time to eat as they require chill time prior to eating. Though this chocolate peanut butter pie is fantastic cold, it can also be eaten right after it’s assembled.
3. A peanut butter and chocolate pie that feeds a crowd
Though the recipe listed is for one VERY large pie, it can actually be divided to make TWO pies. I bought a set of 10 “disposable” pie tins that are perfect for making regular size pies, perfect for dividing this recipe and making two pies.
The quality of the the tin pie plates were actually very good so I have reused them several times. So eat one for now, and safe one for later. Or make them both and feed a crowd.
4. It can be made well in advance and be refrigerated or frozen.
This chocolate and peanut butter pie can be made days in a advance and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. I kept mine in the refrigerator for 5 days and it was every bit as good as it was on day 1.
Even better, you can also make 2 pies, eat one now and freeze one for later. Just place it in the freezer (in a freezer safe pie plate) and let it freeze for about 3 hours. Then take it out, wrap it in freezer wrap and place it back in the freezer until you need it. I recommend freezing for less than three months. When you are ready to eat it, just place it in the refrigerator over night to thaw.
I hope by now I’ve convinced you that this will be one of the easiest and best desserts you have ever made. So go give it a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 package (36) Oreos
- 6 tbsp butter melted
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semisweet)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 7.6 oz bag mini reese’s peanut butter cups
Make the chocolate ganache:
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and cream.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute or until the cream is just warm enough to melt the chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Set aside.
Make the oreo crust:
- Pulse the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs form (or place in a ziplock bag and crush).
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir well.
- Press the oreo mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie pan.
Make the peanut butter filling:
- In a medium bowl beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and cool whip on medium speed with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over the oreo crust.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the peanut butter filling and spread evenly.
- Cut each mini peanut butter cup into fourths (or throw them in the food processor and give a few pulses).
- Sprinkle over top of the ganache.