It’s Friday night and each of my girls has a friend over for the evening.
Which means I need a dessert.
The hubby voted for cookie monsters so cookie monsters it is. Since he was the lone male in the household he should get the vote, right?
So what is a cookie monster you ask?
It’s an amazing combination of a warm Missouri Girl Chocolate Chip Cookie, topped with vanilla frozen custard, and then drowned in the richest, smoothest homemade hot fudge sauce you have ever tasted.
Easy Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
This hot fudge sauce is so good and so easy. Put all of the ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Afterward you will have a smooth, rich, and creamy hot fudge sauce that you’ll be licking out of the pan.
So. Stinking. Good.
Try it for your next sleepover, girl’s night, or maybe even that Super Bowl Party coming up?!?!
It will be an instant hit.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae with Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- Vanilla frozen custard or ice cream
- Missouri Girl Chocolate Chip Cookies (for the Recipe click Here)
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
Make the chocolate chip cookies per instructions at www.missourigirlhome/chocolate-chip-cookie
Make the hot fudge sauce:
- While the chocolate chip cookies are baking, make the hot fudge sauce.
- Combine the sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the evaporated milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir well
- Add the cocoa mixture and stir with a whisk until well combined.
- Continue to heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil gently for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat.
- The hot fudge sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Assemble the Cookie Monster Sundaes:
- Place the chocolate chip cookie on a plate.
- Top with a generous scoop of ice cream and then drizzle (or drown) with hot fudge sauce.