These salted brownie crinkle cookies are as easy as they are fun. Crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside. Perfect.
They are so good they should come with a warning label. Eating just one is not possible.
I have been testing brownie cookie recipes for years, looking for just the perfect one, but there was always something a little off every time…until now.
With one bite my husband deemed it his new favorite cookie…high praise indeed.
These cookies have so many redeeming qualities it’s hard to pick my top ones, but lets try anyway.
are fudgy on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside.
require just one saucepan for mixing.
are made from staple ingredients (sea salt is a staple in my house).
don’t require a ton of ingredients or large amounts.
are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
have the perfect little crinkly top that I just love.
are stupid, addictingly good.
Salted Brownie Crinkle Cookies
Begin by grabbing a small sauce pan and melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in both sugars. Mix well and let the mixture cool slightly (just a minute or two). Add the egg and vanilla, stir well. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt (not sea salt) to the pan and stir well. Yes, I know I broke a rule here by adding the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt directly to the saucepan without combining in a separate bowl. Trust me when I tell you they will turn out perfect without this step and anytime I can save a bowl I do it! You’re welcome!
Scoop the brownie dough by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired amount of sea salt.
Bake for about 9 minutes at 350 degrees. The cookies will still appear gooey in the middle but they will finish baking on the baking sheet as they rest.
They will have the cutest crinkly top, a warm fudgy middle, and crisp outer edges. I’m telling you they are perfect!
I love to eat them when they are still warm from the oven. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an amazing brownie sundae.
Salted Brownie Crinkle Cookie
- parchment paper
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ½ tablespoon salted butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tablespoon light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in both sugars and mix well.
- Cool slightly (just a minute or two).
- Add the egg and vanilla. Stir well
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt (not sea salt) to the sauce pan and stir well.
- Scoop the dough by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment lined (or greased) baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will be crinkly on top and a bit gooey in the middle, but they will continue to bake on the pan as they rest.
- Let sit on the pan at least 10 minutes to finish baking before removing.