Marinades are a staple in our house during the summer months and when we are creating healthy meals. They are also a great way to add tons of flavor to your chicken without adding a lot of extra calories or fat. All it takes is a few ingredients, a large zip lock bag, and a little planning.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large zip lock bag and give the bag a couple squeezes to combine. Then add your chicken and allow to marinate a minimum of 3 hours. The longer, the better so I’ll frequently combine everything 24 hours in advance.
When you are ready to grill/cook your chicken just remove from the bag, shake off any excess liquid, and then discard any leftover marinade.
I will typically add a little spice rub prior to grilling/cooking.
This recipe can be made gluten free if you are mindful of the ingredients (use Tamari soy sauce).
I like to marinate a big batch, grill it up, then use it to make a variety of recipes throughout the week.
This marinade makes killer chicken for Chicken Nachos. To see the recipe, click HERE.
- 3 lbs chicken (thighs or breast)
- 1 cup orange or orange pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (Tamari if gluten free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag.
- Add 3 lbs of chicken (thighs or breasts).
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours but 8-24 hours is preferred.