Irish Corned Beef In A Guinness Broth With Dill Horseradish Cream and Stone Ground Mustard Guinness Sauce
This amazing corned beef and cabbage is as easy as it is delicious. The Guinness mustard sauce and dill pickle horseradish cream takes this St Patrick's Day feast to the next level.
Corned Beef With Guinness Broth:
- 1 whole corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 12 oz (or 11.2 oz) bottle of Guinness or other stout beer
- 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 1b small yellow potatoes
- 1 small head of green cabbage, wedged
Stone Ground Mustard Guinness Sauce:
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cooked juices from the corned beef crock
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
Dill Pickle Horseradish Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream light or regular
- 2 tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 dill pickles, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Add all of the ingredients for the corned beef, including contents of seasoning packet, into a large crock pot.
Cook on low heat for approximately 10 hours or until the corned beef is tender and falling apart.
Skim the excess fat off the corned beef if desired.
Horseradish Cream Sauce:
Place all ingredients for the horseradish cream sauce in a small food processor and pulse until combined and the pickles are finely minced.
If you do not have a food processor, then just finely chop the dill pickles prior to mixing with the other ingredients.